Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm So Not...

Ready.
I never have been.
And it looks like it's going to be a continuing tradition.

Although looks like I can make a bomb go off whenever I want though. (seems to be that I know just how to word myself to make everyone go into a crazy dither)

Tell me something will you?

Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

What does that tell you?
Does it tell you not to understand them?!

No. No where in that verse does it say that I cannot understand my best friends situations and what they deal with.
(oh but that isn't a necessity, you don't need to understand to witness) >>Fact One: You cannot exclude yourself from what happens in their lives and EXPECT to be any kind of witness, it will not happen)

We live in a world FULL of garbage that shouldn't be something we look at as a whole. But if you never slightly expose yourself to anything that is remotely related to real world stuff.

It's like the concept of having a godtube.com verses youtube.com and (something that I found tonight) godwitter.com verses twitter.com
(this is one example of a post from godwitter.com - "traveling to sweden, may God open doors to share the gospel with some lost person on the way"
which I fully understand, but I'm more with this guy >>"Honestly, I think this is lame. Twitter is fine. Christians don't need another bubble to exist in. Please dismantle.")
and even things like everyonesapostolic.com and anything else that is along those lines are pointless. Yeah, I'm going to "Twitness" to people on twitter to save their souls. Yeah right. Yeahhhh righhhhttttttt.....

Why don't you let me do this my way. Because in the past year, who has decided to take a leap of faith and become friends with the 'unsaveable' people. God saves all. And you know what, stop holding onto the gospel. Let it go free. God will save them. WE HAVE TO be their friends. Period. That's a declarative statement.

Take this how you want it. I'm done with my soapboxing again.

And if I poured salt in a wound, tell me. Give me a solid reason for believing that I'm wrong for reaching out in whatever way works for me.

If that means reading a book about a teenager addicted to crack cocaine then I'm going to. If it means grabbing a movie that's a tad bit offensive because of the language. If it means desensitizing myself to the way the world conducts itself so I can be around my gay and lesbian friends and honestly be their friend. It does NOT mean that I'm any less of a Christian than you. I just have a really sharp needle that you might want to keep your all-inclusive-live-in-a-hole-and-know-nothing lifestyles eyes out for.

And yes. I realize I'm harsh with these words. But I'm so done with the 'Christian bubble' and all the segregation that comes with it. I'll be their friend and confidant, when all you want to do is hand them tracks and tell them that you'll pray for them and that Jesus will save them. That's more like step seven. Get it in line people.

Hate the sin. NOT THE SINNER.

And even if you hate it, be their friend. Love them. Just like Jesus loves them.

1 comment:

  1. 1 Corinthians 9:19-23

    For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.

    Agree 100%. A little empathy goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete