Thursday, October 15, 2009

To: <3

I am confessing; I cannot stop loving you.
In case you forgot, you own a piece of my heart. I refuse to steal it back.
I hope you know the pain induced by this.
I cannot say I do not welcome this pain though, as it is perfect love.
Do you ache as I do? Do you realize what you hold in your hand?
Who can explain to you what you have in those small hands? Not I.

I am confessing; I will not stop loving you.
I willed these pieces to you. Are you holding tight to them still?
Are you caring for it? Nurturing it?
Maybe one day I'll find these pieces again. Or maybe, you will keep them for all eternity.
I find no problem with that plan.
I wanted you to know everything, from the depths of what heart I have left.



This is the first time I've written anything resembling prose poetry in almost 4 years. It came from a conversation with my best friend. The original is below. (It spurned from nowhere, to tell her how much I love her as a friend.)
CatielynnB: I'm having a hard time.
CatielynnB: but I just can't stop loving you
CatielynnB: it's just a well known fact
CatielynnB: that when someone owns a piece of your heart
CatielynnB: you can't just steal it back
CatielynnB: otherwise, they'll have an achy feeling
CatielynnB: they may not know where it came from
CatielynnB: or why it's there
CatielynnB: but they'll know
CatielynnB: that's why I'm leaving a part of my heart
CatielynnB: in your hands
CatielynnB: to care for
CatielynnB: and nurture
CatielynnB: and maybe one day, you'll give it back
CatielynnB: or maybe, you'll keep it for the rest of eternity
CatielynnB: and I have no problem with that whatsoever.
CatielynnB: I just wanted you to know
CatielynnB: from the depths of my heart
Her: o.o
(which is probably the best response ever. :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment